Green Calendar Day 9 – Zero emission cars are disrupting the car market in Norway

In 2010 nearly 100 % of cars sold in Norway were fossil with nearly 80 % diesel cars and where the remaining 20 % were gasoline cars. Electric cars only counted for a couple of hundreds and were hardly visible in the statistics. Only eight years later the situation is completely altered. Purely electric cars count for more than 50% of the sales and by including plug in and hybrid cars, more than 3/4 cars have an electric engine system. Diesel cars are down from 80% to 8% in only 8 years!

By 2025 Norway have a goal of ending the sale of fossil vehicles. By looking at the statistics it looks very promising. A combination of battery electric (BEV) and fuel cell/hydrogen electric cars (FCEV) would be able to eliminate all fossil cars.

IMG_20181210_102759.jpg

A graph showing how disruption looks like in real life. The diesel cars did not know exactly what happened.

 

 

En kommentar om “Green Calendar Day 9 – Zero emission cars are disrupting the car market in Norway

Legg igjen en kommentar

Fyll inn i feltene under, eller klikk på et ikon for å logge inn:

WordPress.com-logo

Du kommenterer med bruk av din WordPress.com konto. Logg ut /  Endre )

Google-bilde

Du kommenterer med bruk av din Google konto. Logg ut /  Endre )

Twitter-bilde

Du kommenterer med bruk av din Twitter konto. Logg ut /  Endre )

Facebookbilde

Du kommenterer med bruk av din Facebook konto. Logg ut /  Endre )

Kobler til %s